The Worship Leaders Guide to using Movie Quotes:
Featured here are a few examples and tips for turning Hollywood one liners into worshipful wisdom… (Spoiler, LOTR is a gold mine for these things)
- “Worship! Worship is brings us together today…” (The Princess Bride)
- “Satan! You shall not pass!” (The Lord of the Rings)
- The Holy Spirit is never late, nor is He early. He arrives precisely when He means to.” (The Lord of the Rings)
- “Lord, You talkin’ to me?” (Taxi Driver)
- “May the Spirit be with you…” (Star Wars)
- “There’s no place like Church” (The Wizard of Oz)
- I tried really hard to come up with one for the famous one liner from the sixth sense: “I see dead people,” but it all sounded a bit insulting to the unsaved, and a little over the top, … And we all know this is no place for that.
- “My precious… Jesus…” ( The Lord of the Rings)
- “He’s alive! He’s alive!” (Frankenstein)
- “God has made us an offer we can’t refuse…” (The GodFather)
- “Keep your friends close, but Jesus closer.” (The GodFather: Part 2)
- “What has it’s got in its pocketses?” Put it in the offering plate! (The Hobbit)
- “He”ll be back!” (Terminator)
- “Everything the light touches is God’s kingdom.” (The Lion king)
Besides the point that these quotes are all gold, the best source for your worship time wisdom should be found in the Word. While it is easy to Christianize pop culture, why draw from a source other than God Himself?
If you are really looking for some good resources for Worship leaders, I can’t say reading this post was much help, but maybe check out some of the these books & resources:
Rythms of Grace: How the Church’s Worship Tells the story of the Gospelby Mike Cosper
Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin
Doxology and Theology by Matt Boswell
And a classic, though it might require some rewording and modernization,The Valley of Vision.
On The Web:
The Church Collective